WELCOME TO SLAMMY'S KITCHEN... WHATS COOKIN?

ENJOY

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

valentines week post

For this Valentines post, I’d like to wish a happy V-day to everyone out there – particularly the ones who will be spending the holiday accompanied by a bowl of popcorn and a movie, but without a second heart beat. Better days will come, my friends.

When I continued reading after my last post, I became infuriated at the ensuing events. Without being threatened of violence or harm, the three boys impulsively pulled out guns and weapons and tried to fight the women of the land that they had trespassed on. But it wasn’t even these impulsive, unreasonable actions that had me foaming at the mouth. After the three boys’ attacks are suffocated and they are put to sleep by ammonium oxide, they wake up in a light, soft, cozy room. One of the boys describes their state as “the ultimate comfort” and the rest agree that they feel perfectly rested and catered to. Clothes have even been set out for them. Yet although it was obvious that the people of the country mean no harm to the boys and have only pampered them thus far, they still decide to make an escape plan and disrespect the blatant wishes of these hospitable citizens. As critic Paul Dean says on http://www.newcriterion.com/archive/13/apr95/dean.htm, "the boys' actions at many times seem unrealisticly rash." Although I have not read far past their escape, I am hoping the women will catch the boys and punish them severely for their disobedience.

No comments: